Health Minute: Contact Lens Safety
WPSU’s Health Minute is a collaboration with Penn State’s College of Nursing.
Contact Lens health awareness is important. Improper care of contact lenses can cause a variety of eye issues, including infection that can lead to blindness.
A few tips will help keep you or your contact wearing friends free from infection:
- Do not swim or take a shower with contact lenses on.
- Rinse out your lens case with lens solution only.
- Replace your lens case every three months.
- Wash your hands and dry them every time you handle your lenses.
- And do not sleep with your contact lenses on as this can irritate the eyes.
Contact your eye care provider right away if you have eye discomfort, redness, or blurred vision.
More information can be found at cdc.gov/contactlenses