Health Minute: Nutrition
You’re listening to WPSU’s Health Minute, a collaboration with Penn State’s College of Nursing.
Healthy living includes healthy eating. Making nutritious food choices can help you stay strong and maintain the energy you need to live a full life. Here are some tips for making better food choices when cooking at home or eating out.
- Include colorful fruits and vegetables.
- Choose whole grains.
- Use low fat dairy products.
- Choose lean protein such as beans, eggs, lean meats, poultry, and seafood.
- Look for foods that are low in sodium.
- Drink more water and avoid sugary drinks.
- Avoid eating a lot of fatty foods.
Making wise food decisions will help you and your family stay healthier.
Learn more from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services at hhs.gov.
Join us next week for WPSU’s Health Minute.
For all of our episodes, visit wpsu.org/healthminute.
I’m Cheraine Stanford, WPSU.