Most Active Stories
- The Next Shirt You Buy May Say 'Made In Ethiopia.' Here's Why
- Nigerian Author Chimamanda Adichie Talks About "Americanah" at Penn State Reads Lecture
- Are We Evolving Into A Different Species?
- "Race for the 5th" Debate Shows Clear Divides Between Thompson & Taylor
- The Folk Show Road Show: Simple Gifts and Jack Williams
WPSU News Team
Thu April 24, 2014
Take Note: Penn State Alum Dr. David Teplica on Gender-Appropriate Plastic Surgery
What do you get when you mix a Masters of Fine Arts and a Medical Doctor? The answer is Dr. David Teplica, a Penn State alumnus who uses his unique combination of talents in the Fine Arts and Plastic Surgery to bring about a better understanding of human anatomy. We'll talk with him about how photography has made him a better surgeon, and vice versa, about the need for gender-specific plastic surgery, and about what he's learned from his decade's long study of identical twins.