Most Active Stories
- Take Note: Ralph Moss on "The Suppression of Laetrile at Sloan-Kettering Institute"
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic On Parody In The Age Of YouTube
- Penn State Alumni Stay in West Halls During Arts Festival Weekend
- Local Food Video: Building a hugelkultur garden bed
- Science Vs. Religion: Beyond The Western Traditions
WPSU News Team
Thu April 24, 2014
Take Note: Penn State Alum Dr. David Teplica on Gender-Appropriate Plastic Surgery
What do you get when you mix a Masters of Fine Arts and a Medical Doctor? The answer is Dr. David Teplica, a Penn State alumnus who uses his unique combination of talents in the Fine Arts and Plastic Surgery to bring about a better understanding of human anatomy. We'll talk with him about how photography has made him a better surgeon, and vice versa, about the need for gender-specific plastic surgery, and about what he's learned from his decade's long study of identical twins.