Health Minute: Staying Healthy At Work
WPSU’s Health Minute is a collaboration with Penn State’s College of Nursing.
Most Americans working full-time spend one-third of the day, five days a week at work. That’s whether they’re working at home remotely or have returned to the work site following COVID-19 safety guidelines.
The CDC recommends employers and employees take steps to promote health in the workplace.
These steps include:
- Sleeping 7 to 9 hours every night.
- Eating a balanced diet.
- Washing hands frequently.
- Staying at home when sick.
- Maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Keeping up with work assignments.
- And asking for help when you need it.
Remember, it’s important to practice healthy habits at work to maintain physical, mental, and emotional health.
Learn more information about health while working at CDC.gov.