You’re listening to WPSU’s Health Minute, a collaboration with Penn State’s College of Nursing.
It’s likely that we’ll continue to wear masks regularly to protect ourselves from COVID-19.
Here are some tips on how to properly put on and take off a mask:
- Clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Put the mask on, making sure it fits snugly around the mouth and nose.
- If the mask has a metal wire, fit it to the bridge of the nose.
- Avoid touching the front of the mask while using it. If you do, clean your hands again.
- If you wear a cloth mask, wash it after every use.
- Don’t wear a mask that is damp or wet from spit or mucus.
- Remove the mask from behind; do not touch the front of the mask.
- Clean hands immediately after removing the mask.
For more information, visit health.pa.gov.
Join us next week for WPSU’s Health Minute.
For all of our episodes, visit wpsu.org/healthminute.
I’m Cheraine Stanford, WPSU.