Health Minute: Heart Health
You’re listening to WPSU’s Health Minute, a collaboration with Penn State’s College of Nursing.
February is American Heart Month. In the United States, someone dies from cardiovascular disease every 38 seconds.
What can you do to keep your heart healthy?
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
- Walk at least 20 minutes per day.
- Engage in stress relieving activities to prevent high blood pressure and risk of heart disease.
- Sleep 7-8 hours every night.
- Connect socially to support emotional and psychological well-being.
Choices we make now effect the health of our hearts later. Daily management of our diets, exercise, stress, and sleep can help secure a healthy tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.americanheart.org.
Join us next week for WPSU’s Health Minute.
For all of our episodes, visit wpsu.org/healthminute.
I’m Cheraine Stanford, WPSU.