Most Active Stories
- State College pilots web project to boost civic engagement
- Take Note: Noted Nigerian Author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Talks about Her Novel "Americanah"
- BookMark: "Little Humans" by Brandon Stanton
- Penn State Freshman Neha Gupta Wins International Prize for Work with Orphans
- State College Borough Council Poised to Approve Tax Increase
WPSU News Team
Fri March 7, 2014
Take Note: Our Last Interview with “The Colonel,” plus Jeffry Wert on Lincoln’s 2nd Inaugural Speech
We remember Col. Gerald Russell, a decorated Marine commander and devoted community volunteer. He died February 24, 2014, at age 97. We share our last interview with him from May, 2007. Plus, historian Jeffry Wert on the significance of Abraham Lincoln’s second inaugural address, which he delivered 149 years ago this week. Some say it’s his greatest speech.