Most Active Stories
- State College pilots web project to boost civic engagement
- Remembering Susan Riddiford Shedd
- Take Note: Noted Nigerian Author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Talks about Her Novel "Americanah"
- A Quest For The Unattainable Unification Of Knowledge
- State College Borough Council Poised to Approve Tax Increase
WPSU News Team
Fri April 4, 2014
Take Note: A Freedom Rider Remembers
Bob Zellner’s story starts about as far as you can get from where it ended up. Born in lower Alabama, his father, uncles and grandfather were robe-wearing members of the Ku Klux Klan. In his inspirational memoir, "The Wrong Side of Murder Creek: A White Southerner in the Freedom Movement,” he chronicles his journey to become one of the first white southerners in the early civil rights movement.