Most Active Stories
- Take Note: Noted Nigerian Author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Talks about Her Novel "Americanah"
- Take Note: Hall of Famer Harry Carson, Captain for Life
- Changes to NPR's Morning Edition and All Things Considered
- A Look Inside the Healthcare Choice for Penn State Employees
- The Folk Show Road Show: The Box Car Lillies and Peter Case
WPSU News Team
Fri August 8, 2014
Take Note: The Epic Tale of Bird Migration, and Stream Restoration Efforts in Centre County
On today's Take Note, we'll talk with bird researcher and Pulitzer Prize nominated author Scott Weidensaul. The eastern Pennsylvania based writer was in town for BookFestPA and talked with WPSU’s Emily Reddy before his visit about his best-known book, Living on the Wind: Across the Hemisphere with Migratory Birds. Then WPSU's Patty Satalia will interview ClearWater Conservancy's Katie Ombalski and landowner Sally Rothwell about a stream restoration project on the Rothwell Farm in Centre County. Ombalski says the improvements impact water quality all the way to the Chesapeake Bay.