Most Active Stories
- BookMark: "Little Humans" by Brandon Stanton
- Take Note: Noted Nigerian Author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Talks about Her Novel "Americanah"
- State College pilots web project to boost civic engagement
- Penn State Freshman Neha Gupta Wins International Prize for Work with Orphans
- State College Borough Council Poised to Approve Tax Increase
WPSU News Team
Fri August 8, 2014
Take Note: The Epic Tale of Bird Migration, and Stream Restoration Efforts in Centre County
On today's Take Note, we'll talk with bird researcher and Pulitzer Prize nominated author Scott Weidensaul. The eastern Pennsylvania based writer was in town for BookFestPA and talked with WPSU’s Emily Reddy before his visit about his best-known book, Living on the Wind: Across the Hemisphere with Migratory Birds. Then WPSU's Patty Satalia will interview ClearWater Conservancy's Katie Ombalski and landowner Sally Rothwell about a stream restoration project on the Rothwell Farm in Centre County. Ombalski says the improvements impact water quality all the way to the Chesapeake Bay.