Most Active Stories
- State College pilots web project to boost civic engagement
- Take Note: Noted Nigerian Author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Talks about Her Novel "Americanah"
- Remembering Susan Riddiford Shedd
- A Quest For The Unattainable Unification Of Knowledge
- State College Borough Council Poised to Approve Tax Increase
WPSU News Team
The Folk Show
Mon July 14, 2014
The Folk Show Road Show: Caroline Herring and Van Wagner
As we often do, we feature two artists recorded at two venues in this week's Folk Show Road Show. First Caroline Herring, recorded at the Wagon Shed in New Freedom PA, and in the second hour, Van Wagner, from a somewhat raucous concert in a packed room at the Elk Creek Café and Aleworks in Milleim.
Caroline Herring has received honors from Boston MA to Austin TX for her songwriting and recordings, has been featured on Garrison Keillor’s Prairie Home Companion, and been recognized internationally for her work in traditional song interpretation.
Van Wagner is a prolific songwriter who lives and teaches near Danville PA. Van has turned his experiences logging, coal mining, hunting, and enjoying small town and rural PA life into songs that have a strong sense of place. In just over a dozen years, he's put out 16 albums, and draws crowds wherever he plays. There's no mistaking the boisterous audience at Elk Creek, who obviously love Van and his songs.
The Folk Show